Christmas Around the World Fact Cards are a quick, flexible, colorful and fun way to expand your Christmas Around the World unit!
The 30 facts go beyond the basics and can be used in a variety of activities
One teacher shared:
“My kids are addicted to reading these facts cards every morning. If I forget to read one, they are sooo quick to remind me. And the parents are learning too! During conferences, I had many parents tell me how much they had learned from their children when we read the apple and pumpkin cards. Thanks!”
These cards are used multiple ways by teachers in many grades.
I love reading about all the different ways teachers use them in their classroom!
Quick Fun Fact
– Read the fact card each day and store them in a small basket where the students can look at them again and again. Or keep the set on a ring.
Fact of the Day Bulletin Board
– Read a fact each day and display the cards on a special bulletin board or foam board.
– One teacher displayed them on the hallway chalkboard outside her door so many students and adults could read them.
Calendar Pocket Chart
– Put a fact behind each number on the calendar and have a different student take it out each day. You can then display on bulletin board.
– Put the cards on a wall map with a string that points to where it ties in.
– Create two sets and use for a game of Go Fish.
– Create two sets and use for a Memory Game.
– Use the cards to create a Scavenger Hunt.
School Bulletin Board
– One kindergarten class had two students take the fact of the day down to the office each morning, “teach” the fact to the office staff, and then display the cards on the office bulletin board for everyone in the school to see.
The cards are 3x3 and there are 6 on a page.
I made them small so they easily slide behind your date cards on the calendar pocket chart. They are also a good size for small hands if using them for a game. I also made them smaller to find the balance between making them colorful, but not taking too much ink when you print them.
The cards are unnumbered so they can be used in any month and in any sequence.
You can use all the cards in the set or only a portion. This provides maximum flexibility for the teacher's schedule.
Use one set all month or use parts of two sets depending on your needs.
Includes a cover card if you want to put them on a ring and make them available to your students.
Also included is a hyperlinked list of the relevant websites where the facts were located.
The countries included in this pack are:
Don't miss all of my Christmas themed products!
ABC Order - Christmas
Christmas Literacy and Math
Christmas Around the World Bundle
Christmas Around the World Fun Fact Cards
Christmas Around the World KWL
Christmas Around the World - Copywork - Print and Cursive
Christmas Around the World - Cursive - Copywork
Christmas Around the World - Copywork - Print
Christmas Fun Fact Cards
Christmas - Sentence Scramble
Christmas - Long Vowel Rhyming
Christmas - Number Ordering
Sallie Borrink on Pinterest
Sallie Borrink – Living and Learning Outside the Box Website