Christmas Around the World Reading Comprehension Non-Fiction Text & Questions
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Consider your Christmas-themed therapy planning DONE (and save 20%, too!) These 11 FUN products (10 paid and 1 freebie) have ALL you need to address your students' speech and language goals and will last the whole month of December!Teach your students about the holiday of Christmas and:the holiday'sPrice $48.59Original Price $60.74Save $12.15
- Do you teach (and assess) skills such as reading comprehension, listening comprehension, responding to text, or defending answered with text evidence? Do you address ELA skills like main idea, using descriptive words, inferencing, making predictions, using context clues to decipher unknown words, coPrice $41.27Original Price $51.59Save $10.32
Teach and practice numerous reading comprehension skills using these fascinating passages and corresponding questions all about Christmas around the world. These 22 irresistible non-fiction passages are for your ELA lessons or speech/language therapy sessions! As a bonus, 7 videos expand learning and facilitate discussion! For non-readers, use this resource as a listening comprehension activity! Passages can be used with individual students, for partner reading, or for group discussion.
⭐DOWNLOAD the PREVIEW for a much closer look! ⭐
TARGET THESE SKILLS:
- general responding to text
- making inferences /drawing conclusions
- vocabulary / context clues
- main idea
- giving opinions
- making personal connections to text
- citing evidence to support answers
- generating titles for passages
WHAT DO YOU GET?
➤ 22 manageable passages so that you can address comprehension skills without having students bogged down in lengthy text. Passages discuss Christmas traditions from various countries- all wacky and weird enough to hold your students' attention and to get buy-in!
➤ 2-4 corresponding critical thinking questions per passage. Questions require students to use the skills listed in the bullet points above.
➤ 7 clickable links to videos that build more knowledge and totally engage your students.
➤ A writing prompt so students can respond to read passages in writing
➤ A VENN diagram so students can compare and contrast Christmas traditions.
➤ 2 color-by-grammar Christmas activities - Students must find errors in punctuation and capitalization or determine if statements are run-ons, fragments, or complete sentences. Then, based on the error (or no error), they color the parts using the included key.
➤ Recommendations for use
NO PREP! ✂️ Just print, (laminate if you wish), cut, and use!
Need more Christmas activities? See them all HERE.
Need more reading/listening comprehension ideas? Click below!
✱ New Year Traditions Around the World
✱ Lucky Charms Around the World
⚫ Find more from me at my ➔ Website ➔ TpT ➔ IG ➔ FB ➔ YouTube ➔ Free Resource Library ➔ Pinterest