Welcome the holiday season into your classroom by teaching students how Christmas in celebrated around the world.
Students will learn about the customs in ten different countries including, Australia, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Russia, and Sweden.
This pack includes…
• ten reading passages, one for each country. Students will learn how families decorate their homes, what foods they eat around the holiday season, the traditions they celebrate, and about the Santa character in each country. The passages are perfect for fluency practice or asking students to cite their evidence. They can be read small group, whole group, as morning work, homework, or in a jigsaw activity.
• comprehension sheets to match each passage. Students will analyze vocabulary, determine main idea, and complete a Venn diagram for each passage. The Venn diagram is blank, so teachers can decided which countries students will compare and contrast. Each comprehension sheet will ask students to write a short narrative about a child who is celebrating Christmas in the given country. Students will use details from the text to enhance their writing. An answer key is provided.
• a mini book, including passages about each country, a Venn diagram, world map, and a coloring activity
• a presentation to project or print for student reference
• a world map to help students identify each country
• three graphic organizers
• a coloring activity
Click on the preview button to get a closer look!
Visit my store for more holiday themed reading resources!
Click here to download a set of holiday crafts to match each country featured in this pack!