This is a Christmas Around the World unit created on Google Slides. The countries included are: Germany, Italy, England, France, Sweden, the Netherlands, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, the Philippines, Canada, and The United States.
The following slides are included in this slideshow:
• Link to an introductory video.
• A page to link slideshows for each country (I use “The Twelve Days of Christmas” from Teaching is a Work of Heart on Teachers Pay Teachers. These are fantastic informational slideshows, but you can either create your own or browse around and find a set of slideshows that you would like to link to this unit.)
• A page with links to informational videos about Christmas in each of the countries included.
• A page with links to traditional Christmas stories from each country included.
• Maps of the seven continents (so they can find what continent each country is on), with a link to a song that will help them memorize the seven continents, and videos linked to each continent name that will take viewers to a video teaching them how to pronounce the name of the continent.
• A page to link quizzes for each country. I created brief, two question quizzes in Google Forms for each country and then linked them to the page. These are not included.
• A choice board with links to six different activity ideas that will help students “show their learning” for each country they learn about.