Oh Christmas Tree, how lovely are thy branches!! Why not create your own?
With this Christmas project, your students will invent a simple Christmas tree, while using the glorious scratch art technique.
You will work on patterns, as well as rounded and angular shapes.
This project also makes a magnificent Christmas card!
I hope it surrounds you with the magic of Christmas! Happy Creating!
-Grade 1 and up.
-Junior High and High School could also do this project, by going further with the scratch art technique.
Visual Language :
-White cardboard (7.5 x 11 inches)
-Black permanent marker
-OR black wax crayon
-Black tempera paint
-Brown paper or kleenex
-Paper plates (6 to 8) optional
This document contains :
-Complete instructions on creating this project with explanatory photos.
-1 page of images of Christmas trees, stars and decorations.
-The scratch art recipe
- 6 ready-to-use drawings for the youngest students
Takes 3 to 4 periods.
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback. Your comments can help me make my resources better for you.
In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations). You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.