This packet contains the following:
• Big vs. little
• Tall vs. short
• Identifying various basic concepts like cold/hot, big/small, short/long, hard/soft, and more/less.
• Color sort (sorting between red and green objects).
• Open-ended game board.
*Instructions are included in the download*
• Prepositions: There are four objects on the page - a Christmas tree, a gingerbread house, a present, and a peppermint candy. The student has to select the correct objects to use from the field of four and must place the first item correctly with the second item listed.
• Also included in the prepositions section are open-ended preposition cards to use around your speech room/classroom. The cards have an elf and have a direction like, "Put this card above the ______" so that you can laminate it, fill in the blank, and have the student follow the directions. 6 cards total.
• Same vs. Different: On each card the student must tell which two objects are the same and which are different. If they are a little more advanced with this skill, you can have the student tell you how the objects are the same and different. Some cards are more obvious and some are a little tricky.
• Big vs. Little: Four big objects and four little objects on each page. The student must cut out each box and sort the objects into a big pile or a little pile. This could be a great activity for homework.
• Tall vs. Short: The student must tell which Christmas trees are tall and which are short. This page would also be great for describing! Have the student describe each tree's decorations.
• Two pages of random basic concepts (big/small, hot/cold, more/less, short/long, etc.). These cards just ask the student to identify the specified basic concept on the card. 12 cards total.
• Red vs. Green Color Sort: 6 red and 6 green objects. Student must put all of the red objects in a pile and all of the green objects in a pile. You could use this page for describing as well!
• Open-ended Candy Game: This is played similar to Candy Land. There is a page of cookies as movement cards. The student must select a card from a pile and will receive either a red cookie, a green cookie, or a white cookie. The student must then move to that item on the board leading his/her token all the way down to the end. You can select which color/object will be the winner, and the student with the most of that specific color/object (red cookie, green cookie, or white cookie) will be the winner!
Recently Updated: 1/19/2016
Please be sure to visit Breanna's Speech Blog
for more activities!
My Cute Graphics
Creative Clips by Krista Wallden
Be sure to check out other basic concepts products:
Halloween Basic ConceptsValentine's Day Basic ConceptsSt. Patrick's Day Basic ConceptsFourth of July Basic Concepts