Reading makes us MERRY and BRIGHT! Stories often leave us happy and we learn something each time we read a book. Use this catchy phrase as the starting point for a fun and colorful Christmas bulletin board for your hallway or classroom!
Watch the VIDEO or click on the PREVIEW to learn more!
- Letters that spell "Reading Makes Us Merry and Bright!" (3.75-5 inches tall)
- 10 different light bulb shaped writing prompts (lined and unlined options)
- "Reading Makes Me Merry and Bright" reading challenge sheet
- "Reading Makes Me Merry and Bright" reading response sheet
- Teacher directions and example pictures
Tell Me More About the Writing Prompts!
Students fill out a light bulb after reading a book and hang on the bulletin board. The ten writing prompts included are:
- I like this book because
- My favorite part is
- This book reminds me of
- Something in the book that makes me MERRY (happy) is
- This book makes me BRIGHT because I learned
- I give it ___ lights because (book rating)
- Beginning, middle and end
- Characters, setting, problem and solution
- Blank light bulb
Young students or pre-writers might just draw a picture from the story on a blank light bulb template.
What are the Reading Challenge and Response Sheets?
You might use this bulletin board as a reading challenge for your students! Have students use the individual reading challenge sheet and color in a light bulb for each book they read during the month of December. They might create a light bulb for the bulletin board based on one of the books they read.
Another idea is for students to fill in the reading response sheet telling about how a book makes them merry and bright.
Questions? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through the "Product Q & A" tab here.
You might also like:
Thanks so much for stopping by!