Looking for Christmas Pre-K centers? Kindergarten centers too? These are for you! Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these Christmas centers will give you a variety of Christmas activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging math and literacy centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students with a Christmas theme.
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
This set contains Christmas themes like Santa, presents, reindeer, etc.
If you are looking for more generic holiday themes, you may want to check out our fun Gingerbread Centers.
LITERACY CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Rudolph Rhymes Clip Cards -
Look at the two pictures on the clip card. If they rhyme, clip Rudolph. If they do not rhyme, clip the x.
“Look! It’s Christmas” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
- print a simple label style version, or one with a predictable sentence pattern. Copy two-sided and cut in half for two books!
Letters to Santa
- Pick a Santa card and say the letter name. Find and trace its match. 2 versions (upper and lowercase) included.
- Pick a stocking card and say the beginning sound of the picture shown. Find and color the stocking with the letter that makes that sound. 2 versions included (one with the correct letter shown on the picture for assistance).
Elf-y Ending Sounds
- Pick a card and say the ending sound of the picture shown. Find and color the letter that makes that sound.
Sight Word Ornaments (Editable)
- 2 Games – Board game: pick a sight word, if you read it correctly, roll the die and move that many spaces. Matching game: Match the sight word ornaments to their Christmas trees.
Sight Word Spelling Trees
– Use the letter lights to spell out the sight words on the trees (editable, can change to letter matching, student names, etc).
– 2 Games – Board game: pick a CVC word, if you read it correctly, roll the die and move that many spaces. Matching game: Match the CVC ornaments to their Christmas trees. (One version has the pictures next to the word for assistance).
Santa’s Workshop Write It (Write the Room)
– Pick a card (Santa related items). Find and record the word next to its matching picture on the recording sheet.
MATH CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Christmas Pattern Clip Cards
– Clip what picture comes next in the patterns (AB, ABB, AAB, ABC).
Where is Santa’s Sleigh?
– Pick a card and count the presents. Color the sleigh that shows how many. (Sets to 10).
Before and After
– Pick a Christmas tree card. Read the number and write it on a star. Write the numbers that come before and after. (Sets for numbers to 10 and 11-20 included, as well as 2 options for number lines to print and use for assistance).
– Pick a reindeer card. Use two different colors to build the equation on the ten frames. (Addition to 10).
Count the Reindeer
– Pick a reindeer card and read the number. Fill in a ten frame to match.
– Pick a card. Find the letter of that card and record the subtraction problem shown by the Christmas light bulbs.
2 versions – version 2 is pick a card, find and color the bulb that shows how many are left (no equations).
Which Has More?
– Pick a card and count the Christmas items on each side. Find the letter of the card and color the picture that has the most.
Which Has Less?
– Pick a card and count the Christmas items on each side. Find the letter of the card and color the picture that has the least.
Tally Mark Puzzles
– Match the star tally marks to their numbered Christmas trees (tally marks to 10).
The Stockings Were Hung
– Order the numbered stocking cards from 1-10. Record the numbers on the stockings.
* 3 versions: Count by 1’s, 5’s, or 10’s
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the file.
More December Activities
Kindergarten December Printables Bundle
Christmas Writing Center Activities
December Clip Cards