3-4 Days Activity
Students will explore the writing process of a Cinquain Poem through an in-depth interactive PowerPoint lesson.
Students will explore the peer editing process through participation of the “Poetry Slam Contest” and will use Poetry Slam Score Cards to guide the writing process (Peer editing). For example, each judge will score a line of the Cinquain Poem during the performance of each student.
1) Interactive full PowerPoint Lesson on how to write a Cinquain Poem. (32 slides)
*Reviews background knowledge of the following: Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Synonyms, and how to count syllables.
* Supporting strategies to write a Cinquain Poem through application of elements.
*Checks for understanding through True/False questions.
2) Two Christmas tree graphic organizers
3) Two Rubric Assessments for poem and performance
4) Score cards for Poetry Slam Contest
5) Three Certificates of recognition for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License