PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Looking for something academic, but fun to do for Christmas? This close reading and analysis is a great, digital and interactive activity for use with Google Slides for the holiday.
Students focus on the song "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch". Here is what they do:
- Listen and follow along to the song sung by Cee-lo Green. They then write their thoughts on what they heard.
- Read the lyrics, highlighting and commenting on figurative language skills. (These can be edited to your liking).
- Watch the cartoon version of the song and respond to it.
- Compare the three interpretations.
- Create an image to interpret the figurative language.
All questions are editable!
***You should have a basic knowledge of Google Classroom and Slides for this product. If not, don't fret...feel free to email me or just play around! This works best on computers.***
© Copyright 2018 M. Mariano. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited.
**Follow me on Instagram**! Read Write Teach ELA
Check out more products in my store!
Check out the preview video for more detail!