These close reading passages contain everything you could need to make fluent readers in grades 4-8. The activities are fun and engaging and make use of interesting traditions, deeper thinking questions and comparisons.
Students will learn:
- Why December 25th?
- Origin of the Candy Cane
- Origin of the Christmas Tree
- Reasons why green and red is associated with the holiday
- Customs Around the World
- Poetry Analysis with a song from Australia
- Difference between St. Nicholas and Santa
- How to write Step by Step directions to make a candy cane.
- Research project for other countries and rubrics to include with the project on how to present (rap/song and poster).
- Close reading anchor chart
- Persuasive Writing with anchor charts, self-assessment and rubric,
This unit is filled with more than enough reading passages and questions to take you to the end of December, way more than you can use!!