This resource contains 5 complete activities for reviewing key skills in the Operations and Algebraic Thinking domain of the Common Core. All activities contain answer keys and the center activities are available in color and black and white versions.
1. Writing Equations: Christmas Style
2. Color by Operation: Order of Operations
3. Candy Cane Order of Operations
4. Writing Mathematical Expressions in Context (Stocking Style)
5. Christmas Sweater Sort: Matching Numerical and Written Expressions
This resource and its activities align with the following Common Core standards:
5.OA.1: Use parentheses, brackets, or braces in numerical expressions, and evaluate expressions with these symbols.
5.OA.2: Write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers, and interpret numerical expressions without evaluating them
6.EE.A.2 Write, read, and evaluate expressions in which letters stand for numbers.
Check out my other Common Core Christmas Resources!