This is a really fun way to teach about comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs. According to the Common Core State Standards, students should master this skill by third grade!
Included are two different types of printable bookmarks for kids to complete and eight practice worksheets.
Ideas for Using comparative and superlative adjective and adverb Bookmarks and Practice Sheets:
• Have students find comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs in the books they are reading. Have them copy them on the bookmarks.
• Work with partners to think of comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs for the practice sheets. Then answer the discussion questions together.
• Have students complete a bookmark for both adjectives and adverbs and then glue them into their reader’s or writer’s notebooks.
• Have students create a comparative and superlative adjective and adverb folder and add the bookmarks and practice sheets. Cover pages are included!
• Once the bookmarks are completed, challenge students to use some of the adjective and adverb patterns in their own writing.
Common Core Standards for Grade 3 and Beyond:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
o CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.1g Form and use comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified