Christmas Creative Writing Assignment
Also included in
- Creative Writing Bundle | PDF and Digital Formats: This no-prep - just photocopy and teach, full-year creative writing bundle will keep your students engaged in their writing. This bundle provides holiday writing prompts (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter) as well as seasonal writing proPrice $19.99Original Price $27.00Save $7.01
- Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 7 English Language Arts program. Use this all in one Grade 7 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle as your ready-to-go ELA program. The bundle contains 90+ resources for teaching Reading, Writing, SpeakiPrice $269.99Original Price $337.08Save $67.09
- Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 8 English Language Arts program. Use this all in one Grade 8 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle as your ready-to-go ELA program. The bundle contains 90+ resources for teaching Reading, Writing, SpeakiPrice $279.87Original Price $349.84Save $69.97
Christmas Creative Writing | PDF and Digital Versions: Use this Christmas creative writing choice board assignment, to combine covering the writing curriculum and enjoy the holiday season with your classes. Students will select the role of one character: Santa's Elf, Christmas Turkey, Gingerbread man, Christmas Tree or Museum Curator and create a written product (brochure, postcards, infographic, etc) based on the character's specific writing prompt. Students select from 1 of the 5 different writing options using the RAFT format (Role, Audience, Format, Topic).
This no-prep - just photocopy creative writing assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer's Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this package:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Christmas Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 - Level 4)
- 1 Points Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- "My students had fun choosing and completing one of these writing options. It was a great way to keep them writing right before the break."
- "These fun prompts are a great way to keep students writing during the busy time before Christmas!"
- "I really enjoyed this activity. It is fun, well prepared and easy to assess. My 7/8 class found it a lot of fun."
Want To Learn More About RAFT Format?
Engaging Christmas Resources and Assignments