This Christmas writing activity is a fun and engaging way of helping students to develop their narrative writing skills.
There are eight writing prompts based around the idea that the penguins are making trouble for Santa on the eight days up to Christmas Day. The prompts can be used individually or as one long story to be completed by groups. It is designed to be easily adaptable to class size and ability and can be used with students working alone, in pairs, or right up to groups of eight. There are both color and black and white versions for easy printing. All versions are in PDF so it is possible to use them in pdf read/write apps on student devices too.
1. CrosswordPuzzle–32 seasonal words (color and bw)
2. WordSearch–32 seasonal words (color and bw)
3. Picture prompts(8each in color and bw)
4. Student instructions print
5. Teacher instructions print
All of the images used in this resource are from the free image site Pixabay.