This Dolch Sight Word Game is an enjoyable way to practise sight words. Idea for Literacy Centres or to send home to add some variety to homework.
- Print out all ten boards and laminate them.
What You Need:
- One die (Yes 'die' is the singular, dice is the plural)
- Coloured counters for each player e.g. Player 1 = red Player 2 = green.
How to Play:
1. Roll the die.
2. Read a word with the same number as the dice.
3. Place one coloured counter on the word if read correctly
4. The winner is the one to have 4 in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Tips and Hints:
• This game works best as a two player game.
• Can be played without a die - children just choose words.
• Try playing best of three plays – this helps to reinforce sight word vocabulary.
• Rules can be adapted to get children to spell the word.
Dolch Sight Word Game
Included in this Download:
- 10 Dolch sight word game boards
- 1 blank game board
- 1 set of game rules
Check Out My MEGA BUNDLE
It includes ALL
the great games in my store PLUS
every resource I make for the next YEAR
It is a book that just keeps on giving.
Take me to the Mother Load :-)