Christmas Escape Room, Christmas Breakout Activity Kindergarten - First Grade
Also included in
- This money-saving bundle has 2 fun, easy-to-set-up (no props needed) escape rooms that will keep your students engaged and learning the days before Christmas break & during the long winter months! They are a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!Christmas EscapPrice $5.12Original Price $8.00Save $2.88
- This money-saving bundle has fun, easy-to-set-up (no props needed) escape rooms that will keep your students engaged and learning throughout the school year! They are a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!Each escape room has an attention-grabbing story (problem)Price $17.92Original Price $30.00Save $12.08
Oh no! A naughty elf has locked Santa’s reindeer in the barn! Without his reindeer to pull the sleigh, Santa can’t deliver the toys! Can your students use their literacy, math, and problem-solving skills to help Buster the Detective Elf solve the clues and figure out the combinations to the locks in order to save Christmas?
This fun, easy to set up (no props needed) escape room will keep your students engaged and learning the days before Christmas break! They will love finding and figuring out the clues and lock combinations that will help free Santa's reindeer in time for Christmas! It is a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!
I have also included a bonus activity. After students have solved all the clues and set the reindeer free, they can use inferencing and deductive reasoning skills to help Buster the Elf Detective eliminate suspects from his elf list and figure out which one locked up Santa's reindeer.
If you have never done an escape room with your students before, no worries! You will receive:
- Teacher instructions for preparing (no props needed - large envelopes are optional, just print & go), setting up, and conducting the escape room
- Table of Contents
- Whole-Class & Small Group Instructions
- Story Cards & Written Narrations for Each (color and black/white) - sets the stage for the escape room and gets students "hooked"
- Printable Clues and Answer Sheets - puzzles, mazes, activities that review skills
- Instructions for Each Clue
- Printable Answer Keys
- Bonus Activity: Naughty Elf Suspects - students will use inferencing and deductive reasoning skills to eliminate suspects until only one remains
- Reward Certificates (color and black/white) - special "Santa's Star Problem-Solver" certificates "signed by Santa Clause"
**Please view the preview file to see pictures of all that is included. **
The following skills are covered in this escape room:
- CVC Words
- Letter Sounds
- Beginning Sounds
- Counting to 20
- Writing Numbers to 20
- ABC Order (alphabetical order)
- Sight Words (the, like, and)
- Color Words
- Directional Coding - using arrows to show a path on a grid (see preview file)
- Deductive Reasoning
- Logical Thinking
- Cooperation and Teamwork
- Listening Skills
Why use an escape room in your classroom?
- They are engaging and fun for students.
- They promote working together as a team.
- Students use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve riddles and puzzles.
- They are challenging and get students to think.
- They are hands-on.
- Students use their imaginations.
- Students work together to solve the problem.
- Students can showcase their unique skills.
What other educators are saying about this resource:
"I will now be adding this to my list of activities for the last day before Christmas break - I plan to use this every year. The students said it was "so much fun" and were extremely engaged. Worked great and was socially distance-approved for our in-class learning. Thanks so much!" - Mrs Cochet in First
"I cannot rave about this resource enough! My students went absolutely crazy over this!" - Katie G.
"I loved this escape room and so did my students! It was such a fun last day of school activity and a great first escape room for my students to try out." - Arabella S.
"WHAT FUN!!!!!! I had the para use it while I was testing students." - Marc C.
"Thank you! This was a HUGE hit!" - hip HOP hooray
"MY kids loved using this before our winter break. I can't wait to do another one with them soon!" - Lindsay P.
"My students loved finding the clues and working together to solve the clues. Thanks for a fun lesson before Christmas Break." - Pam J.
"My students loved this activity. It took my class 2 days to complete (only worked on it during reading block) but they were excited to return and keep working through the challenges." - Widdowson's classroom fun
"This was a fun resource to use before Christmas when the kids were ready for break and did not want to do boring worksheets." - Differentiated Designs with Mrs Munson
"This escape room was so fun. I tried to find activities for my students to enjoy since they were virtual. This was it!" - Helen C.
You may also like:
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• CLICK HERE to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.