Also included in
- Are you ready to be the most memorable teacher in a child's life? Use these holiday themed Escape Rooms to guarantee student engagement while they learn and solve a classroom mystery. With little prep, your students will work as a team to break into a box, which breaks them out of the classroom as$19.99$30.00Save $10.01
Students will practice teamwork skills while solving clues to help learn about holidays around the world.
Are you ready to be the most memorable teacher of a child's life this holiday season? Use these step-by-step instructions to guarantee student engagement while they learn about how to work as a team to solve a mystery, learn about different holidays around the world and ESCAPE THE CLASSROOM! With a little prep, your students will work as a team to break into a box, which breaks them out of the classroom as they beat the clock!
What's inside this download?
Pg. 1 Cover
Pg. 2 Table of Contents
Pg. 3 Directions (with video link)
Pg. 4 Materials Needed to Set Up
Pg. 5 Checklist for Set Up
Pg. 6 (Motivational Paragraph, and put class in two groups)
Pg. 7 Clue 1 (To read after Santa’s on Vacation pg.6 and video)
Pg. 8 Holiday Puzzles (cut into 24 pieces), You will need two copies of this.
Pg. 9 Folder Labels for Team 1 (Reindeer) Red
Bag Labels for Team 2 (Elves) Green
Pg. 10 Mystery Grid- CLUE 2
Pg. 11 Explains two options
Pg. 12 Blank Holiday Mystery Grid
Pg. 13 Mystery Grid images to cut & glue
Pg. 14 Mystery Grid Folder Labels
Pg. 15 CLUE 3 I SPY Holiday Words (magnifying glass’ needed)
Pg. 16 I Spy Holiday Words Printable
Pg. 17 Labels for Folders
Pg. 18 Clue 4 Riddle
Pg. 19-20 KEYS
Pg. 21 Help Button Cards
Pg. 22 Homework Passes (optional prize)
Pg. 23 Book Markers (optional prize)
Pg. 24 Letter From Santa (Optional for Box)
Pg. 25 Certificate for Completion
Pg. 26-27 Pictures of Set Up
Pg. 28-30 Answer Keys
Pg. 31-32 Holidays Around the World Mini Book (EXTRA Activity)
Pg. 33 KINDERGARTEN Replacement Puzzle Page for Clue 1 (to differentiate, if needed.)
Pg. 34-38 KINDERGARTEN Replacements for Clue 2 and 3, if needed.
Pg. 39-40 Credits
Check out the Preview
There is a PDF file with step-by-step instructions, a link to incorporate a YouTube Video to HOOK your students into accepting a mission to help let Santa know that we BELIEVE in order for him to go spread holiday cheer around the world. The mystery can only be solved by working through mystery challenges about holidays around the world and using teamwork. Opening the box, (no locks needed) leads them to escaping the classroom to enjoy recess, a cookie party or a library break outside of the classroom. Ideas are included.
This escape room is NOT EDITABLE.
Made with 1st-3rd Grade students in mind!
There are 4 Tasks for the students to solve before they can break free. About 40 min. to prep and plan about 45 minutes to solve all the mystery clues.
MATERIALS YOU NEED TO ADD: a box , some surprise to put in the box (homework passes and bookmarks are provided), pencils, 6 large file folders (or regular folders), glue sticks, and scissors.
(Any box will do... no need for locks unless you want them!)
Check out the PREVIEW!
Students will learn:
⏳ Teamwork Skills
⏳ Word Work
⏳ Problem Solving Skills
⏳ Following Directions
⭐This is a great Holiday ACTIVITY!⭐
- Escape Room Mystery Sight Word Kindergarten and 1st Grade Activity
- Escape Room NUMBERS 1-10 - Troll Themed
- Escape Room Alphabet Review -Zoo Themed
- Escape Room Save the Turtles - Ends in a Beach PARTY
- Escape Room Veterans Day
- Escape Room FAMILY LITERACY NIGHT - Dinosaur Themed Editable
- Escape Room Comprehension - Pirate
- Halloween Escape Room
- Thanksgiving Escape the Room Mystery
☀️ Escape Room Sight Word Mystery Video Tutorial
Check these other awesome products out:
Copyright © 2019 Teacher’s Brain
All rights reserved by author.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
☺ First 24 HOURS of new products over $1 are ½ off!