This 36 page download includes a variety of fun activities to use in your therapy room or in the classroom during the month of December! Consider planning for your December speech and language sessions DONE. Be sure to download the preview for a much closer look!
Prep is too easy - just PRINT and USE!
This packet includes:
- 3 dot art pages just for Christmas! Use these pages with dot art paint (bingo style dabbers) or magnetic tokens to reinforce students during articulation/fluency/language therapy. Write target skills in the dots.
- 1 Christmas tree scene to be used for articulation or phonics practice. Students must find and color items around the tree that contain their target sound or sounds. This page can double as homework!
- 11 scenes with Santa’s sack of presents- each page targeting a specific phoneme or phonemes including /r/, vocalic r, /r/ blends (all on one page) , /k/ and /g/ (on one page), /t/ and /d/ (on one page), /b/ and /p/ (on one page), /f/ and /v/ (on one page), /s/,
/z/ and /s/ blends (all on one page), /l/ and /l/ blends (all on one page) as well as pages just for sh, ch, th, and an extra page for /s/ blends. Students can practice saying the names of the gifts in Santa’s sack (and/or also tell where in the name the target phoneme lies...beginning, middle or end.) *This page is just perfect to send home for homework.
- 2 color and write pages along with a writing prompt or topic.
- 4 pages that can be used to address conversational skills and social skills. Students make inferences about the scene and fill in speech bubbles and thought bubbles pertaining to the pages. These can also be used to address writing (capitalization, punctuation, complete sentences, etc.) or have students use their articulation target sounds in the speech bubbles.
- 2 pages that create a listening/following directions activity for coloring a cozy Christmas scene.
- 3 homework pages for articulation (or sight word/vocabulary word practice!) You write words for students to practice on the stockings, candy canes and/or the elves' socks! Then send home for more practice!
- 2 roll and cover games to be used with a 2 dice. After students perform a task (articulation drill, fluency practice, sight word drill, answering questions. etc) they should roll the dice, add up the numbers (2-12) and cover the number they roll (with a token or penny). The first student to cover all of the numbers wins!
- 1 roll and cover/color game to be used with 1 die. After students perform a task, (articulation drill, fluency practice, etc.) they should roll the die and cover or color one of the items under the number they rolled. The first person to cover or color them all wins!
- 1 venn diagram for students to compare and contrast Christmas with Thanksgiving.
- 3 pages to use in conjunction with the EET program to describe (and write about) Christmas trees, Santa, and elves. Students can compile this information into a paragraph if desired.
Most pages are in black and white, but there are a few in color.
Thanks for visiting my shop!