Games, Books, and Fun - The following is included in this holiday unit:
• A list of some of my favorite holiday books. I LOVE BOOKS!
• Numbers 0-20 and pictures for counting. I printed the numbers and pictures on card stock, laminated and placed in my independent work area (TEACCH) work system. I then had the students paperclip the correct cards together to add a fine motor skill.
• 27 Holiday vocabulary cards
• I made 30 Christmas Bingo cards, along with the calling cards. These are great for class parties. Many students I work with have disabilities and discrimination is a challenging skill. Bingo is a fun way to practice visual discrimination.
• 3 Boards of “Don’t Eat Pete” To play have one student leave the room. While the other students place small candy on each square. They also decide which picture is “Pete” Then the student is brought back in the room and begins to eat the candy. When they pick up the piece of candy that is “Pete” the other students shout, “Don’t Eat Pete!” and that students turn is over. I use small candy such as M&M’s, skittles, candy corn, and jelly beans.