This fun and engaging resource is also available as part of my Multi-Holiday Growing Games MEGA Bundle
. Check it out now!
Six Christmas-themed, yet challenging, games and puzzles - Charades, "Cattergories" (based on Scattergories), Literary Devices Crossword Puzzle, Genres Bingo, Word Scramble, and Cranberries to Cranberries (based on the popular Apples to Apples wherein students match modifiers to nouns and verbs). Use these engaging, student-friendly games sporadically throughout the month of December, for one game-day in stations, or however you choose. Games can be played in partners, in small groups, or as a class. The crossword and word scramble puzzles are designed for solo or partner work. Fun, creative, CCSS based.
Learning through games is an effective scaffolding technique, which combines cognitive and affective teaching strategies, while addressing multiple intelligences and learning styles!☺ However you choose to use them, your students will be having fun and you'll be directing essential skill practice. Each game includes step-by-step directions for teachers. Use again and again. ♥
If you like this, below are other lesson materials you may enjoy:
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Thank you for stopping by my store! ♥
English Language Arts Games, Junior High and Secondary, ELA Christmas and Holidays