This is a seasonal math activity on solids and symmetry for the holiday season. This file contains 3 different activities on solids and 2 short activities on symmetry.
• The first solids activity is a sorting activity. In this activity students will sort seasonal solids on the SMART Board.
• The second solids activity is a following directions activity using solids to create and decorate a Christmas tree.
• In the third activity the students will follow the directions to count the different solids on those pages and write the correct number.
• The Symmetry section begins with a brief explanation and demonstration of symmetry.
• In the first activity students will identify which half pictures will create full pictures and which pictures are not. The student may then select the object and it will unfold to revile if it is symmetrical or not.
• With the last activity students will may predictions to which pictures are symmetrical and which are not. If the students are correct they will be rewarded with the sound of sleigh bells or Santa’s laugh.
This activity also contains three links to relevent YouTube videos on the subject material.
These activities were created using SMART Notebook. SMART Notebook files may not work with all interactive boards. Check to see if your interactive board software has a file import feature and accepts SMART Notebook files. ActivInspire software when importing SMART Notebook files will lose some animations or special SBN animations.
Christmas Holiday Activities with Solids and Symmetry by Grade A Activities is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License