Why let the primary grades have all of the fun during the holiday season? These holiday poems and task cards will help you and your students stay in the holiday spirit as well as learn how to analyze poetry.
This packet includes 6 Christmas/winter poems, 24 task cards to use with these poems (or your own), and holiday themed paper for your students to use for their task card responses or to publish their own poetry. Poems are in a black and white, printer friendly format, so you can print them out for each of your students to use in their analysis. These are great for CLOSE reading activities, too!
1. When Santa Claus Comes - anonymous
2. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - Robert Frost
3. Winter Song - Katherine Mansfield
4. The Bells - Edgar Allen Poe
5. excerpt from "Jack Frost" - Gabriel Setoun
6. Puppies Christmas - anonymous
If you enjoy my products, follow me to receive updates on new items in my store. This Holiday Pack is intended for use in a single classroom.
Poems are either anonymous or from the public domain.
Happy Teaching! - Martha from "The Owl Spot"