These Holiday Middle School Math Activities include five Holiday tasks to keep your students engaged. Each task challenges students and will take about 20-30 minutes to complete. Differentiation and teaching ideas are also included to reach all of your students.
Math Tasks Included
• Snow Day: This task requires students to reason through the size of a snowman and calculate the volume of the snowman. Easier level: Students can calculate the area of the 2d snowman. This task also includes a challenge as an extension.
• Santa vs. The Grinch: Students calculate who wins in a sleigh race between Santa and the Grinch. Higher level: Students use systems of equations and solve both algebraically and graphically. Lower level: Students reason through the task using problem-solving skills. This task also includes a challenge as an extension.
• Geometric Snowflake: Students learn how the Koch snowflake is created and find the area of a stage 3 Koch snowflake. Higher level: Students use the Pythagorean Theorem to find missing side lengths. Lower level: Students use a ruler to practice measurement and find the composite area of the shape. This task also includes an extension for higher students.
• O Christmas Tree: Students are given equations in slope-intercept form and end points to draw on a graph. The finished product is a work of art. Easier level: Students use substitution to find the end points. A challenge is also included as an extension. Graph is included.
• Colorful Crystals: Students classify real numbers as whole, natural, integers, rational or irrational. Students then color snowflakes according to their answers. This activity is perfect to keep students engaged before a break or a substitute.
Other products that you may be interested in
▸ Slope-Intercept Form Graphing Art Bundle
▸ Simplifying Expressions & Solving Equations Christmas Holiday Coloring Activity
★ Follow me for more great products to make sense of math
If you enjoy this product, I'd appreciate your positive feedback
© MakeSenseofMath2016 One product purchase is for one teacher