This mini Christmas book makes an adorable keepsake for all elementary aged students. The pages are cut in half to limit copies and to make this a quick and fun activity. My original inspiration came from my own Christmas book from 3rd grade. I show this to my class every year, so they can see my writing and laugh at my penmanship! Parents love getting these kinds of thoughtful gifts during the holidays and what better way to save these memories than with your students own writing?
Pages can be stapled in any order and the beautiful thing is that there are enough pages to challenge the students that need it, while other students can work at their own pace.
The prompts are listed below:
* My Favorite Christmas Tradition
* If I were a Christmas Tree
* A Least Expected Gift this Year Would be…
* My Favorite Christmas Memory
* The Best Christmas Gift I Ever Gave was…
* The Night Before Christmas
* My Top 10 Wishes This Year for Christmas are…
* My Favorite Christmas Decorations are..
* Where I Plan to Shop for My Family This Year
* A Christmas Story
* The Case For or Against Santa Claus (optional - but great for the older kids)
* A Letter to My Family
* A Letter From My Family (sent home as a secret)
This is a great activity to do during those busy December mornings or afternoons to keep all students engaged. I do one page a day as morning/afternoon work starting in December. At this pace, your students will be able to finish before going on break. Since this is more of a fun activity, I let the students’ creativity run wild and it makes for more interesting writing rather than something that is too guided (the prompts are self-explanatory). I send home the final book as Christmas gift for parents to cherish. I hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. :)