Put a twist Secret Santa’s, and instead give an act of kindness this holiday season!
Write or type out all your students names (and yours!) on the template provided. Then cut out all the names and place them in a small container. Have each student (and you) select a name from the box. They must keep their name a secret (unless they have their own, then it should be placed back in the box) and during the day try to do a few secret acts of kindness for their person. To keep students from guessing who has them, we like to encourage our students to do kind things to other students as well, to keep up the mystery. Before you know it, kindness will be spreading like wildfire. At the end of the day, we allow a few minutes for students to guess and/or reveal who their Secret Santa was. (If you only have students for one period, simply extend the activity for a few days).
*Hint: Laminate your nametags, so they can easily be used day after day until the winter break!
OTHER CHRISTMAS RESOURCES YOU'LL LOVE!
RESOURCES INDLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- 12 Days of Christmas Activities for Middle School & High School
- Gingerbread House for Sale - Descriptive Writing Activity
- Christmas Narrative Writing Unit for Middle School
- Complete Christmas Unit - "The Gift of the Magi"
- Christmas Countdown Daily Writing Prompts
- Christmas Whiteout Poetry Activity