Just in time for the holidays: Christmas Language Sequencing will engage your students in many ways:
Using comparison of sequence and actions in pictures, plus
identifying what comes before, next, and last.
Telling a story using the pictures as a starting point.
Sharing a story or idea with a friend about what is happening in the vignette of these cards.
Twenty sets of sorting cards with four cards in each set. Cards are in color and have a sorting mat that is labeled for each. (Two generic sorting mats are also included.)
- Set A: Making Christmas Cookies
- Set B: Santa on Vacation Set C: Penguin Decorates a Tree
- Set D: Christmas Candle Melting
- Set E: Cutting Down a Christmas Tree
- Set F: Girl Decorating a Tree
- Set G: Elf Making a Rocking Horse
- Set H: Build a Holly Jolly Santa
- Set I: Build a Snow Globe
- Set J: Bears Decorating a Tree
- Set K: Santa at Home
- Set L: How to Use a Gift Bag for Your Gift
- Set M: Build Rudolph the Reindeer
- Set N: Dancing Santa
- Set O: Filling a Jar with Peppermint Candy
- Set P: Christmas Train
- Set Q: Country Christmas Mouse
- Set R: Night Before Christmas Mouse
- Set S: Counting Carolers
- Set T: Santa’s Christmas Troubles!
Each set is also labeled with a letter and a character to help with upkeep and storage.
Ten with for students to use to practice their sequencing skill.
The cards can also be used for oral language practice and writing.
writing activities are included for the students to cut and sequence their cards, and then write a sentence about each or to write their own story.
sample writing pages are included.
- With partners
- Learning Centers
- Task at the beginning of a reading group
Have fun and enjoy!