This packet includes several literacy activities perfect for a kindergarten classroom around Christmas!!
There are twenty printable pages focusing on important kindergarten literacy skills, such as listening for beginning sounds and matching to a letter, writing letters, building sentences, sorting by beginning sounds and emergent reading skills.
Here are the contents of this packet:
1. One page on which students match the letter that represents the beginning sound with the picture.
2. Four pages where students cut and paste letters to build the words Christmas, stocking, reindeer and Santa Claus.
3. Five pages on which students read a simple sentence, trace the sentence, and then cut and glue word pieces to build the sentence. The sentences use basic sight words and a simple sentence structure, such as “Look at the presents.” and “The elf is in the box.”
4. A sorting activity in which students cut pictures and glue them in the correct column based on beginning sound; this focuses on the /c/ sound, like candy cane and the /r/ sound, like reindeer.
5. An emergent reader little book entitled “Ready for Christmas” which follows the pattern “Here are the _____.” Both color and black-and-white versions are included.
6. Two handwriting pages: one with uppercase letters and one with lowercase letters.
These are independent practice activities that could be used as morning work, classwork, homework, or during literacy centers/stations/Word Work.
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!
Clip Art purchased from Scrappin Doodles