Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Christmas time is the perfect time for students to focus on literacy skills. Use the 22 Songs, Poems, Fingerplays and Chants and Reader’s Theater/Music Program for a “wow” parent performance. Use the Writing activities, Finger puppets and a big or little song book to help students say; “I Can recite songs and poems with expression! Best for Pre-K to 3rd grade.
• This collection of songs and poems will fill your students time with relevant learning experiences in Literacy centers, Reading Time, and Writing stations.
22 Songs, Poems, Fingerplays and Chants with hand Actions
Color and Black and White Poster size sheets for student coloring song book.
• Little Book in black and white
• Finger Puppets that coordinate with all the songs, poems, fingerplays and chants
Hand Action Directions
• Graphic Organizers- Circle Map “Christmas” and Tree Map “Christmas is-has-can”
• Writing Activities (in primary and intermediate lines)
• Reader’s Theater in Teacher and student size-numbered and unnumbered scripts for easily adapting to the number of students in your class.
• Black and White 92 pages of resource materials
• Color pages 38 pages of resource materials
• Total of 130 pages of resource materials
• Grade Level Applications:
KINDER- may be able to read without any help-it's easy!
FIRST-SECOND-THIRD- should be able to read the script without any help.
Use this resource:
Create a Holiday Song and Poem book for each student using the color or Black and White Printable Cover Sheet.
Use this resource as whole class instruction or to differentiate instruction for small groups, shared reading and Center Activities.
Use this Christmas Literacy Resource to reinforce and provide opportunities to practice and build COMMON CORE BASIC SKILLS such as:
LONG AND SHORT VOWELS
READING WITH PURPOSE AND UNDERSTANDING
This resource supports COMMON CORE Daily 5 for practice in fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills reinforcement. I included a sample lesson outline and other suggestions for using this during the whole month of December. Specific standards are included in the resource for your reference.
Songs Sung to Familiar Tunes of:
She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain
I’m a Little Teapot
Three Blind Mice
Mary Had a Little Lamb
The Farmer in the Dell
If You’re Happy and You Know It
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Where is Thumb kin?
At Christmas Time
He’ll Be Comin’ Christmas Eve
I’m a Little Pine Tree
Red, Green and White
Rudolf Has a Shiny Nose
Santa’s in His Sleigh
Santa is His Name-O
The Reindeer Pokey
There’s a Little Elf
Twinkle, Twinkle Christmas Star
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Where is Santa?
FINGER PLAYS AND POEMS
Five Little Reindeer
Let’s Make a Gingerbread Man
I’m a Christmas Pine Tree
See the Little Elves
Ten Little Bells
***Please note that this resource is now a combination of both Christmas literacy resources that were available in my store.
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC. Buyers may get Free store credit by going to "my purchases" and click on "Provide Feedback". Ratings and helpful feedback are welcomed.
QUESTIONS? Please use the "Ask a Question" section of my TpT store. Or, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH ME HERE:
Thanks for stopping by!