Your students will have fun during the holidays with this Christmas unit. We have included an original, 10 page read aloud story poem (in color and black and white versions) to get your class in the holiday spirit.
This unit contains lessons for your students to
• write their own poetry: Acrostic, Haiku, Cinquain, Diamante (using syllabication, antonyms, synonyms)
• add suffix ed to words
• understand long and short vowel sounds and vowel teams
• solve Christmas word problems
• solve addition and subtraction problems
• follow written directions
• make classroom decorations at the art center
We have included ideas and pictures for you to make anchor charts
during shared writing with your class based on the above skills, examples and templates for all forms of poetry, and various worksheets
for extended practice.
These activities can be used as a center, small group instruction, assessment, review, whole group instruction, etc.
Thank you for visiting The Fun Factory. Please follow us by clicking the star above to receive notices of new products.
If you find this product useful, please rate it and leave positive feedback to receive TpT credits.
Visit our blog at The Fun Factory Blog
Like us on Facebook at The Fun Factory 12
If you have any questions or need help with this product please email us at email@example.com