This Christmas theme packet is filled with reading, math, and writing activities that would be great for any Pre-K, Kindergarten, or 1st grade classroom. These activities meet many common core standards and can be used in math and literacy centers. This packet has a variety of 14 printable games, worksheets, and activities that are not religious based at all. Instead, the games are about reindeer, gingerbread, Santa, candy canes, presents, etc. Some of these activities are sold in my TPT store but you save money by purchasing the packet as well as get activities that are not sold separately. Check out the preview file to see what all is included.
1. Gingerbread Ending Sounds
- students will match the picture card to the correct ending sound
2. Christmas Scrambled Sentences
– students will put word cards in order to complete simple sentences about Christmas. (5 sentences)
3. Christmas Writing Prompts - I have created a 3 writing prompts about elves, Santa, and the Gingerbread Man.
4. Christmas Candy CVC Match - Students will read the CVC word and match it to the picture.
5. Christmas ABC Order - students will put the Christmas themed pictures/words in ABC order and record their answers.
6. Christmas Alphabet Games
- 5 ways to play these games to help students learn their uppercase and lowercase letters and beginning sounds.
7. Reindeer Rhymes - (2 ways to play) kids can match the rhyming pictures or match the rhyming words
8.Christmas Graphing - students will roll the dice and graph their results (2 versions). They then can answer questions about their graph.
9. Counting Cookies (2 games)– students will practice 1-1 correspondence by counting out cookies to match the # on the cookie sheet. The other game has students counting the number of cookies and then clip a clothespin on the correct number.
10. Christmas Mclass Math - included are worksheets to practice the biggest #, missing #, and # recognition 1-100
11. Christmas 10 Frames – students can count the presents on the ten frame and then find the tree with the correct number on it
12. Christmas War Math Game - students will flip over a number card and the student with the biggest number wins the cards (numbers 1-100)
13. Christmas Roll & Color - students will roll 1 or 2 dice (depending on the game), count the number of dots, then color that number on their worksheet
14. Santa's Shapes - students will sort 2D & 3D shapes into Santa's bag. A worksheet is also included!
Feedback is always appreciated!! Don't forget to click "follow me" at the top of this page and then become a Facebook
follower so you can get the latest information on freebies, giveaways, classroom ideas, etc.
Other theme packets available:
Back to School Literacy and Math Activities
Apple Literacy, Math, and Science Activities
Fall Literacy and Math Activities
Halloween Literacy and Math Activities
Thanksgiving Literacy and Math Activities
Winter Literacy and Math Activities
Valentine's Day Literacy and Math Activities
St. Patrick's Day Literacy and Math Activities
Easter Literacy and Math Activities
Spring Literacy and Math Activities
Butterfly Literacy and Math Activities
Summer Savings Bundle