Use these activities for Christmas main idea and supporting details to teach how to identify the main topic/idea and retell key details of a text. Students will use main idea reading passages, graphic organizers, & main idea centers!
Here's what's included in this Christmas main idea resource:
- BUILD A PARAGRAPH: Students will use sentence strips to build a paragraph. They will find the topic sentence & 3 supporting details. 5 paragraphs included.
- MAIN IDEA SCRAMBLE: Just like the build a paragraph activities, students will use sentence strips to build a paragraph. These are cut & glue printables. 5 scrambles included.
- READING PASSAGES: Students will read a short paragraph and determine the main idea and key details. Two versions included for differentiation. 5 passages included.
- MAIN IDEA PUZZLES: Students will put together puzzles by reading the big main idea and finding the 3 supporting details. 5 puzzles included.
- GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS: Choose from 2 different graphic organizers and 2 interactive notebook pages to use with any nonfiction text.
Need more main idea resources?