Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the store and is$89.00$119.50Save $30.50
- Use these PRINT & GO math problems to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with engaging holiday themed math problem solving! The Monthly Math Challenge & Brain Teaser Bundle includes a set of math challenges & brain teasers for every month of the school year. With this$49.00$65.00Save $16.00
Use these PRINT & GO Christmas math challenge problems to engage your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving FUN this December. These Christmas math challenges & brain teasers have engaging holiday themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning!
The Christmas Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 29 NO PREP math printables with answer keys you can use for second and third grade math centers, homework worksheets, fast finishers, number talks, Christmas activities, math enrichment contracts, small groups, or whole class problem solving.
Christmas and winter holiday themes include: stockings, Santa, reindeer, elves, candy canes, winter clothing, charitable giving, and presents
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Wrappin' It Up (Adding two-digit numbers within 100, guess and check)
- Santa's Got a Brand New Bag (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 10, guess and check)
- Toy Store Totals (Adding and subtracting money within $5.00, guess and check)
- Holiday Dinner (Logical thinking, multiplication and division)
- Caring Kids (Guess and check, organizing data, adding multiple 2-digit numbers)
- Gingerbread Cookies (Addition and multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Reindeer Food (Multiplication with 1, 2, and 3-digit numbers, division, converting ounces to pounds)
- Candy Cane Forest #1 (Multi-step multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Candy Cane Forest #2 (Multi-step multiplication with 2 and 3-digit numbers)
- Snowy Day Suit Up (Combinations, organizing data)
- Santa Scramble #1 (Addition with multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check, easier)
- Santa Scramble #2 (Addition with multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check, more difficult)
- Santa Scramble #3 (Addition with multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check, most difficult)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Stocking Sleuth (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Mystery Gifts (Guess and check, addition, subtraction, logical thinking)
- Elf Overtime #1 (Time, addition, converting seconds to minutes, easier)
- Elf Overtime #2 (Time, addition, converting seconds to minutes, more difficult)
- Reindeer Stalls #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 1-digit numbers)
- Reindeer Stalls #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 1-digit numbers)
- Reindeer Stalls #3 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 1-digit numbers)
- Elf Equations #1 (Addition and subtraction to 15, balancing equations, easier)
- Elf Equations #2 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations, more difficult)
- GIFT #1 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- GIFT #2 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- GIFT #3 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- SLEIGH #1 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- SLEIGH #2 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- NORTH POLE #1 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- NORTH POLE #2 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems. Perfect to use for homework or centers!
- Answer keys for every problem!
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher!
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like
Here are a few ideas for how you might use these challenges and brainteasers in your own classroom:
*Use these as extension activities for math contracts. Make a pack of challenge problems for advanced students to use as a fast finisher or during certain in-class math lessons when they’ve already mastered the material. You can read more about this strategy and receive a free editable math contract at my blog HERE.
*Use a challenge or brainteaser as a homework option for students who need a challenge, or let them replace a simple homework assignment with the challenge to show parents how well you’re differentiating.
*Use a math challenge or brainteaser as a “number talk” problem to start out your daily math class. Work through it as a class or let students work in partners or small groups to talk through it and solve it together.
*Give a challenge or brainteaser to a small group of students as one of their independent math workshop rotations or use them with your advanced small math group rotation.
*Use the problems as an independent practice activity during a unit on problem solving strategies (guess and check, work backwards, etc.) or attacking a multi-step problem.
*Keep a stack of challenge problems in your classroom fast finisher area for any student who wants a challenge.
*Choose one or two challenge problems for the month and reward any student who can solve both. You can put these on a bulletin board or have them available as additional incentives.
*Use the holiday themed challenges as a choice activity during a holiday party or to keep your sanity during that holiday down time.
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!