Also included in
- 4th and 5th grade holiday and seasonal math centers and activities for the ENTIRE year!Note: The math activities and centers included in this resource are available in printable, color versions AND digital versions (EXCEPT the Earth Day Math Centers - these are printable only at this time.)About the$52.00$97.50Save $45.50
Embrace your students’ excitement and eagerness for the holiday season with engaging (and rigorous) Christmas math activities and centers. This set of 30+ math activities/math centers with Christmas themes and graphics is sure to put your students in the holiday spirit AND sharpen their math skills.
This resource contains 30+ Christmas math activities to review and practice various 5th grade math skills.
The Christmas math activities are now available in digital versions as well! See pages 5-20 of the PDF for the details and links.
Each Christmas math activity comes with a teacher notes page, student directions, recording sheets, and answer keys (if applicable).
Download the preview to see all of the printable Christmas math activities that are included in this resource.
Here are the specific Christmas math activities included:
- Gift Tag Sort - Powers of 10
- Toy Shopping Place Value
- Place Value Riddles
- Decimal Cookies
- Decimal Match-Up
- Christmas Candy Comparisons
- Holiday Lights
- Holiday Cupcake Review
- Ugly Sweater Operations
- Stockings by the Fire
- Help Santa Divide the Decimals
- Dividing with Decimals
- Shopping with Santa
- Holiday Treat Shop
- Word Problems: Christmas Shopping
- Candy Cane Division
- Interpreting Remainders
- Elves Doing Division: Error Analysis
- Dividing by 2-Digit Divisors
- Division Word Problems: Sort & Solve
- Word Problems: Christmas Party
- Cupcake Computation
- Gingerbread Order of Operations
- Color by Operation
- Candy Cane Order of Operations
- Writing Numerical Expressions
- Writing Algebraic Expressions
- Matching Expressions
- Christmas Fraction Problems
- Holiday Bow Fraction Review
- Holiday Lights: Equivalent Fractions
- Least Common Denominator with Ornaments
- Fraction Sort
- Snow Globe Fractions
- Polygon Wish List
- Finding Volume of Christmas Presents
- Christmas Coordinate Grid
- Hot Cocoa Line Plot
- Sharing Cookies - Fractions & Division
5th Grade Math Skills:
- Multiplying and dividing with powers of 10
- Understanding place value
- Representing decimals
- Comparing decimals
- Rounding Decimals
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying decimals
- Dividing with decimals
- Word problems with decimals
- Division computation
- Division word problems
- Multiplication and division word problems
- Multiplication and division computation
- Order of operations
- 4th Grade Review: Equivalent fractions, comparing fractions, decomposing fractions, representing fractions, fractions on a number line
- Equivalent fractions
- Finding least common denominators
- Simplifying fractions
- Adding and subtracting fractions
- Classifying Polygons
- Coordinate Grids
- Line Plots
- Fractions as Division
•The digital Christmas math activities are available for use with Google Slides. Click here for a step-by-step guide for assigning Google Slides in Google Classroom.
•Each digital math activity includes a direction page with an image of the center.
•Recording sheets are not included since the students do all of the work on the slides.
*The content for the digital math activities is the SAME as the printable math activities. It has been modified for optimal digital use and engagement.
•For answer keys, please refer to the printable activities.
Hope you and your students have fun with these engaging Christmas math activities!
1. These Christmas math centers can be used for early finishers during the month of December.
2. They can also take the place of your regular math centers during the week before Christmas break.
3. Another option is to have a Christmas math rotation where the students review previously learned skills using these Christmas math centers.
Christmas Reading Comprehension Resource - Print + Digital
Christmas & Winter Writing Prompts - Print + Digital
Winter Reading Comprehension Resource - Print + Digital