Christmas Math Holiday Party Planner and Budget Center – Real Life Math Activity. Using real pictures and prices of favors, decorations, food, activities, and tableware, students can create shopping lists and budgets for a Christmas or Holiday class party. Most images are "holiday" neutral.
How can I use this Christmas Math product?
You can lead a whole class discussion using the included party catalog and you can even buy the supplies. (I used Party City and Safeway for the product and price information). Or, you can set up a math center for groups, partners, and individuals to figure out the shopping list and budget. I provided different levels, so your beginner groups can work on the shopping list and the other groups can work on the budget. There are also extension ideas and your early finishers can create their own budget for a party at home.
What is included?
1 Christmas math pdf file with 23 pages
* 3 pages of cover/copyright info/notes/extension ideas
* 7 pages of a full color catalog: favors, activities, decorations, tableware, and food (healthy and not healthy choices)
* 7 pages of the same full color catalog only with prices rounded to whole numbers
* 7 pages of the same catalog only in grey scale
* 7 pages of the same catalog only in grey scale with prices rounded to whole numbers
* 1 Party Supply Planner Instructions for your beginners (or for K-2 grades)
* 1 Party Supply Planner Shopping List
* 1 Class Party Supply Budget Instructions for your nonbeginners (or for 2-4 grades)
* 1 Class Party Supply Budget Form
* 1 My Party Supply Budget Instructions (for early finishers or extension)
* 1 My Party Supply Budget Form
Is this available in a bundle as well?
Yes! It's part of my Holiday Math bundle
Do you have other products that are related?
Please check out all my holiday activities!
How do I connect with Evil Math Wizard?
Be sure to follow my TPT store to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales. New products are always 50% for the first 24 hours, so it pays to follow my store.
To save more money, please leave feedback to earn TPT credits. Also visit my blog
for K-5 math tips and freebies you can use tomorrow in your classroom. You can also find me on Facebook
Other questions or requests?
If you have any requests or questions, please contact me through the "Product Q & A " tab below or email me at Deirdre@evilmathwizard.com
What standards are addressed?
Common Core Standards
CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.C.8 Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately.