This activity will really put your students' knowledge of integers and order of operations to the test! The students will first use a decoder to determine the value of each letter in a particular Christmas / Winter related word. Then the students plug the values into a pre-made expression (which utilize all four number operations). The students must then follow the order of operations to solve each expression.
The words get progressively longer/harder, so you can differentiate the assignment for students.
Many of these expressions quite challenging! It will demand that your students pay attention to signed numbers while they are solving the expressions.
I've included an answer key.
If you like this product, you might also like other items from my store:
1. Integers and Order of Operations
2. Halloween Math: Adding, Subtracting, and Multiplying Integers
3. Huge Order of Operations Problem
4. Order of Operations Half Page Quic *FREE*
5. Integer Operations: Multiplication and Division with Review
6. Decimal Operations Review with Order of Operations
7. Integer Concepts Test
8. Christmas Riddle Maze: Integer Operations
9. FREE Order of Operations Maze
10. Properties of Exponents: Simplifying Monomials
11. Negative Exponents: Simplifying Monomials Riddle
12. Multi-step Equation Maze