: NO PREP Problem Solving
This is a set of 5 highly engaging, rigorous, no prep math problem solving tasks for the holidays.
The problems are high-interest and designed to really challenge students to use critical thinking and problem solving skills. Keep your students engaged in meaningful work (that requires no prep on your part) right up until vacation!
Each of these tasks is designed to engage students for an entire class period (although some students may need more or less time). This set is best suited for 4th grade - 5th grade students, as well as high 3rd graders.
• Santa's Bag of Toys (multiple solution word problem that incorporates measurement, conversions, and various computation skills)
• Trim the Tree Logic Problem
• Grandma's Gingerbread Cookie Recipe (incorporates multiplying and dividing fractions by whole numbers)
• A Holiday Feast! (multi-step, multiple solution word problem that incorporates critical reasoning, multiplication, division, money, etc.)
• Let There Be Lights (multiple step word problem)
• COLOR AND BLACK AND WHITE VERSIONS OF ALL TASKS
• Answer Keys for Each Task
These tasks are designed to be tough, but accessible, and will help build perseverance and stamina.
Click here for a similar product with a Valentine's Day theme!
Click the links below to find more ideas:
Christmas Brain Busters
December NO PREP Printables: Math and Literacy Bundle
Multi-Step Word Problem Task Cards
Multi-Step Word Problem Printables
Number Line Task Cards
Open Number Lines Task Cards
Choose an Operation
Multiplication Task Cards
Division Task Cards
© Blair Turner 2015
Materials are licensed for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please help support my work by purchasing additional licenses. Thank you!