Make math skills practice a blast with this Christmas Math Skills "Tis the Season for Math" Packet. There are a ton of options in this resource to allow you to design a math packet that is perfect for your students current math skills and your students will have a blast completing these themed math activities.
This packet covers adding and subtracting within 10, adding and subtracting within 20, missing addends, missing whole numbers, fact families, teen numbers, doubles, skip counting, place value, expanded form, graphing and data, 2D shapes, word problems, and more!
This 'Tis the Season Christmas Math Packet was designed with first grade in mind, but the skills covered can also be used for second grade. Please see the list below of the skills covered with each page.
Includes 59 pages of Christmas themed math practice:
- Reindeer Ten Frames (adding ten frame counters to 10)
- Snowy Ten Frames (adding ten frame counters to 10)
- Christmas Addition (2 pages- adding using pictures and writing equations)
- Merry Counting On (5 pages- Counting on using pictures and writing equations from numbers within 10 and 20)
- Winter Subtraction (2 pages- Subtracting using pictures to find the difference)
- Gingerbread Fact Families (5 pages- fact families within 10 and within 20)
- Christmas Train Count by 2's (2 pages- counting by 2's to 50)
- Christmas Tree Count by 5's (4 pages- counting by 5's to 100 and 120)
- Ornament Count by 10's (2 pages- counting by 10's to 120)
- Christmas Bakery Addition (3 pages- adding 3 numbers within 10 and 20)
- Tree Farm Number Bonds (2 pages- Filling in the missing part on the number bond - within 10 and within 20)
- Tree Farm Number Bonds (2 pages- Filling in the missing whole on the number bond - within 10 and within 20)
- Teen Number Workshop (adding two numbers with teen sums)
- Teen Number Workshop (adding another number onto 10)
- Teen Number Workshop (finding the missing part)
- Teen Number Workshop (subtracting with teen numbers)
- Candy Cane Doubles (2 pages - with ten frames and writing equations)
- Bright Light Ten Frames to 20 (2 pages- adding 10 frame counters to 20)
- Race Through the Workshop (4 pages - 2 pages of adding fluency within 10, 2 pages of adding fluency within 20)
- Snowman Place Value (2 pages- counting base ten blocks within 100)
- Ten More, Ten Less, One More, One Less (2 pages)
- Place Value Peppermints (2 Pages- writing tens and ones, writing expanded form)
- Ornament Shapes (2 pages - one page for writing the name of the shapes - one page for circling the name of the shape.)
- Santa's Workshop (analyzing data on a pictograph)
- Jolly Word Problems (6 pages - addition and subtraction word problems within 10 using pictures and mixed missing part word problems - includes 3 pages for practice within 10 and 3 pages for practice within 20)
Please see the full preview for a closer look at the pages included in this Christmas Math Packet!