This pack helps students understand the meaning of the equal sign by sorting true and false equations, with the option of fixing false equations. It correlates with 1.OA.7. and includes 3 equation formats:
7 = 7
7 = 3 + 4
3 + 4 = 7
All equations are addition within 10. Stretch your students' thinking with two story problems that ask students to find and fix Santa's false equations!
This pack includes:
• 32 Gingerbread Equation Cards (16 true, 16 false)
• Sorting Mat (False equations become a snack, true equations rest safely in the gingerbread house!)
• Color recording mat (laminate for re-use)
• 2 recording sheet options
• 2 practice sheets
• 2 word problem/critical thinking scenarios
For a fun twist, use these cards at a small group table. Whenever you find a false equation, take a bite of a gingerbread cookie!
Follow me for updates on new products, freebies, and discounts! Click the green star under my picture & "Made by Miss First Grade" near the top of the page. For paid products, don't forget to leave feedback for TPT credits!