This Christmas fun and festive pack is filled with 10 Christmas themed math and literacy centers/activities. There are 6 math activities and 4 literacy activities that all come in full color and black and white. Directions and suggestions for each activity are included. These activities are perfect for centers, rotations, small group, homework activities or class work. Enjoy and have a very fun and festive holiday season!
- Gum Drop Measurement - Students use the gumdrop measuring
sticks, paperclips, cubes, rulers, etc. to measure the holiday
pictures and record their findings on the recording sheet.
- Addition - Christmas themed roll and color and Christmas themed
- Geometry - Shapes and their attributes cards. These cards can be used in several ways…
-Students sort the shapes by 2D and 3D.
-Students sort shapes by their attributes.
-There are two of each shape so that students can play
memory, finding the matching shape.
-There are also shape attribute cards so students can match
the shape to the card that best describes it.
-Students can also play memory matching the shape to the
shape attribute card that matches it.
Be creative! There are tons of possibilities.
- Ten Frames Write the Room - Post the tens frames around the
room. Students go around the room and count how many of
each holiday object there are and then record it on the
provided sheet. There are two versions of this game,
numbers to 10 and numbers to 20.
- Counting and Number Sense - Counting Candy Cane Mats-
Students must place candy canes in the given spaces on the
mats to show the number provided. You could also use real
candy canes, math manipulatives (cubes, counters, etc.),
playdough and much more.
- Holiday Syllable Sort - Students sort the pictures by the amount
of syllables and place them on the sorting mats. There are
sorting mats for 1, 2 and 3 syllables.
- Beginning Sound Clip-it - - Students clip a clothespin to match the
beginning letter for the given picture.
- Sound It Out! - Students cut and paste the letters to sound out
the words for the given pictures. Students must also write
out the word they sound out.
- Holiday Write the Room - Students find the pictures around the
room and write the words to match the spaces on the
worksheet provided. You can also use the picture/word cards
for a holiday word wall.
Thank you and Enjoy!
For some more winter math fun, check out
Winter Math Numbers Printables