“L'enfance c'est de croire qu'avec le sapin de Noël et trois flocons de neige toute la terre est changée." André Laurendeau (Canadian journalist ~ 1912 - 1968)
* Joyeux Noël *
Christmas is a festive time in France. Here's an easy way to include this aspect of culture in class.
Here's what's included:
A 12-page overhead in English on celebrating Christmas in France.
A follow-along question sheet in English to go with Rick Steves 'Christmas in Paris and Burgundy', a short episode that can be viewed online:
'Christmas In Paris and Burgundy'
A gift bag design-a-shoe project ~ all patterns and instructions provided using French Christmas words
Une lettre au Père Noël
A short poem for Le Saint-Nicolas ~ an easy memorization project
A mots cachés with French Christmas vocabulary.
Detailed instructions for all activities, patterns, grading rubrics, and answer keys are provided.
The shoes and letters make a timely bulletin board display. Photos are included of student samples and displays.
Everything is classroom-ready to make each item easy to do. (38 pages)
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Merci.
* EXPANSION ACTIVITY *
Géraldine offers some interesting comments on celebrating Christmas in France:
* Christmas Food *
* Survival French Phrases For Christmas In France *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & grading & meetings & planning & PD ?
If you're looking for more time-saving resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* Sub * Pac For French Class ~ Set 1
* Sub * Pac For French Class ~ Set 2
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For French
Prefer a savings ?
* French * Class Bundle ~ $7.00 for 7 ready-to-use resources
* Wish * List Bundle For Amy
.. Available to any other French teacher, too. Quite a savings with over 400 pages. ..
Or why not create your own special bundle ?
* Wish * List Bundle
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For French
* Tissue * Box Project For French Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* A Light History Of The English Language For French Class
* The Color * Game For French Class .. Attention ! This can get pretty exciting ! ..
* The Use of tu * vous In French
* Telling Time * Pac For French Class
* Le Passé Composé * Pac ~ Activities For French Class
* Menu * Project For French Class
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* Card Game * Pac For French Class
* Wordle Activity * Pac For French .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital 'E' ! ..
* Practice * Pac ~ savoir et connaître
Customs & Life in France
* Wedding * Customs In France .. Nice to talk about a few days before La St.-Valentin. ..
* School * Pac For French
* Le Marquis de Lafayette * Pac
* Julia Child * Fabled French Chef
* Coco Chanel * Pac
* Coco Chanel * Trivia Game
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For French
.. Nice for La Toussaint. ..
* Christmas * Pac For French Class
* La St.-Valentin ♥ Pac For French Class
* Carte de St.-Valentin ♥ For French Class
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For French
.. Perfect for La Fête des Mères en mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For French 1
* Loto * Pac For French .. Review more than just numbers with this fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Proverb * Pac For French Class
* The Doctor * Is In For French Class
* Food Activity ~ Pass The Plate For French Class
* The Food * Pac For French Class
* Crossword Puzzle * Pac For French .. Perfect homework assignment to reinforce new vocabulary. ..
* Bulletin * Board Bonanza For French Teachers
* The Weather * Pac For French
* The Calendar Activities * Pac For French Class
* Battleship * Pac For French .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* Monster * Project For French Class
* Chutes and Ladders Verb * Project For French Class
* Country Map * Project For French Class
.. Easy for French 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* End-of-Year Review * Activities For French
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 1
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 2
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 3
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For French Class
* Household Chores * Activities For French
* Geography * Pac For French Class
* Verb Activity * Pac For French
* La Fête du Chocolat
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For French .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP French students. ..
* Photo Scavenger * Hunt For French Class
.. Perfect for after the AP French Exam or for upper level students. ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Movie * Pac For French ~ Set 1
* Movie * Pac For French ~ Set 2
* Feature * Film ~ Les Misérables .. You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end. ..
* Rick Steves France * Ciné-Feuilles For French Class
* Feature * Film ~ Coco Avant Chanel
* Feature * Film ~ The Man In The Iron Mask
* Feature * Film ~ Chocolat
* Feature * Film ~ The Monuments Men
* Burt Wolf ~ Ticino, Switzerland
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. Good way to touch upon a different language area of Switzerland. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Influenza 1918
* Feature * Film ~ Joyeux Noël Merry Christmas
* Feature * Film ~ The Day of the Jackal
* Feature * Film ~ The Fabulous World of Fabergé
* Feature * Film ~ Bizet's Dream
* Feature * Film ~ Cyrano de Bergerac
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac ~ Grammar Review For Students of French, German, Italian, Spanish
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac For French, German, Italian, Spanish
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game For French, German, Italian, Spanish
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your French Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
JUST FOR FUN
* The Mystery * Bingo Book Club . . Ideal if you like to read mystery stories ! . .
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn feedback credits each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just go to www.TeachersPayTeachers.com and login, then click on ~
* My TpT (at the top right)
* My Purchases ~ find the appropriate title from the list
* Provide Feedback (under the product title and author's name)
and continue from there.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *