Every party needs a hero sometimes. This download will put a whole bunch of pleasant tricks up your ugly Christmas sweater sleeves! LOTS of worksheet activities for individual students, bingo dauber craftivities, Q-Tip dauber craftivities, playdough mats, games for whole group or small group, movement cards for whole group or small group, and Christmas action songs great to do as a whole class. Yes, I could go on and on about this download. It's truly something to cheer about! Here's why:
1) Roll a Face and Trace+Color: 6 activity pages in this set. Half of the page is a dice rolling activity that requires one standard die. Your student will roll the die, then use the key to determine what adjective should be used to draw the face on the Christmas character. The other half of the page is a trace and color activity. Students trace the Christmas themed pictures and then color them.
2) Mazes and Symmetry: 7 activity pages in this set. Half of the page is a Christmas themed maze. The other half of the page is a symmetry drawing activity. There is half of a Christmas themed character. Your students will use symmetry to complete the other half of the drawing.
3) Color By Number: 6 activity pages included in this set. Students will color the Christmas themed coloring pages by using the color by number key.
4) Coloring Pages: 10 coloring pages included in this set. Christmas themed coloring pages for your students to complete. No color key. They can just have fun free coloring however they choose.
5) Christmas Bingo Dab Craftivity: 5 craftivity sheets included. (ornament, Christmas stocking, snowflake, gingerbread boy, and gingerbread girl). The border of each craftivity page is a black and white buffalo check plaid. Sooo CUTE! (Pinteresty Tip: Print on card stock. Have kids complete the craftivity. Then hole punch twice with holes about 2 inches apart. Thread the holes with a fancy ribbon and tie a bow. Instant A+ bulletin board!)
6) Q-Tip Dab Craftivity: 18 craftivities included.
**gingerbread boy, gingerbread girl, gingerbread house, snowflake, candy cane, present, Christmas stocking, star, Christmas tree, bell, mitten, Christmas ornament, wreath, snowman, snowman top hat, pickup truck with Christmas tree, holly leaves, and word art "JOY".
7) Christmas Playdough Mats: 6 activity mats + 6 Christmas word mats. The activity mats will require one standard die. Students roll the die, then use the key to determine which facial feature they should build with their playdough and add to the Christmas character on the mat. There are 6 different Christmas character mats included. Also included are 6 Christmas word strips. Students will build the letters for the words with their playdough. (A tricky way to sneak in some letter formation practice - but such a TREAT!)
8) Christmas BINGO: 30 original BINGO cards and 31 calling cards included. Yes, there are other BINGO boards out there. But... the clip art on this one is to die for! (And BINGO is sort of a party must have!)
9) Oh SNAP Gingerbread Reading Game: This game is so much fun and works great for small group or whole group. It's simple. There are 100 Fry's first word cards and some adorable "Oh SNAP" gingerbread cards. Put the cards in a paper bag (or Christmas stocking) and shake them up. Have a student pick a card and read the word. If they read the word correctly they keep the card and the next student will take a turn. If they read the card wrong then that student must give all the cards they collected back to the teacher. If they pull an "Oh SNAP" card, they must also give all their cards back to the teacher. The student with the most cards collected at the end of game time wins. (If your students aren't doing Fry words yet - or at all - you can substitute for any word list you like including some seasonally appropriate vocabulary words. You can just use the super cute gingerbread Oh SNAP cards with your own word cards and POOF... instant fun game!)
10) Christmas Movement Cards: 24 Christmas movement cards included. One word...AWESOME! I LOVE movement cards. Each card has a different movement word. (Or a sound word). You shuffle the deck and pick a card - your students have to do whatever movement the card calls for. (i.e "tip toe like an elf.") This is a FANTASTIC way to manage the energy in your room on party day. Give your students a fun outlet for all that pent up excitement and energy. Some of the movements are interpretive (i.e "glow like Rudolph's nose.") This is a great way for your students to exercise their creativity as well as their body. WIN WIN WIN!
11) Christmas Action Songs: 5 Christmas songs included. What's a party without a few fun songs to sing as a class. Here's the song list included:
*The Reindeer Pokey (action song) - a festive spin on the classic Hokey Pokey. Your students will love getting there holiday wiggles out. You will love giving them a fun and engaging large motor skills workout, some healthy exercise, and ... getting their wiggles out.
*We Wish You A Merry Christmas (action song) - This is not exactly the classic Christmas jam you're thinking of. Although you sing it to the same tune, this version is LOADED with directed movements and will have your students up and moving! Your students will clap, jump, hop, spin, dance, wave, and stretch. The song ends with your students sitting quietly. (A GREAT way to refocus the energy of your classroom).
*Old Saint Nicholas Had A Tree (action song) - Another festive spin on a classic. This song is super easy for your students to learn as it is fairly repetitive just like the original. But, this version will have your students doing everything from blinking like Christmas lights to twinkling like the star!
*Santa's Stuck (sing along) - This is such a fun rendition of the The Ants Go Marching. Your students will love this sing along about Santa getting stuck in the chimney! It's a short one, but so cute!
*Dance Like Snowflakes (sing along) - Sing this to the tune of Frere Jacques. It's not very long, but it is so cute! Plus, there's a little opportunity for your students to whirl about like a snowflake!
~~I hope you and your students LOVE this party saver pack as much as I loved putting it together.
Merry EVERYTHING and Happy Always, my Friends!