Phonemic awareness and phoneme segmentation are vital in teaching students how to read. This "Sound Lights" phoneme segmentation activity is a fun way for your students to practice segmenting (and blending) words with three or four phonemes.
It can be played with 1 or more students, but I recommend using it at a small group or center.
Here's what's included:
● Picture Card Word Lists (no guessing necessary ;-) )
● Light Mats (for words with three sounds)
● Light Mats (for words with four sounds)
● 63 light cards (pictures with three sounds)
● 30 light cards (pictures with four sounds)
This is a low prep activity! Light gray cutting lines are provided so that no extra trimming is required. If you cut on the light gray lines with a paper cutter, all the game pieces will be even!
There are many ways to plays this game so it can easily be adjusted to fit your students' needs.
This game can be easily stored in a gallon sized ziplock bag.
You might also like: