PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
What better way to keep your students engaged before the holidays than by playing games that reinforce skills? Work on categories, making sentences and comparing/contrasting skills in this Christmas themed 4 game set for mixed groups.
Three of the games use the same set of game cards, so you can intermix the skills in one activity! A picture card and a word card set are included for varied levels. Kids love to learn by playing games and the variety of activities included will make your mixed groups easier! Use it all month long!
* A Trim the Tree category game with 16 different categories- match the items on the ornaments to the category
* A Category Game- find Christmas items that belong in one of the 10 different categories
* A Compare/Contrast Game- find 2 items with the same color present and tell how they are the same/different
* A Making Sentences Game- Find 2 items with the same colored bows and make a sentence using both words
* Complete the 8 task card challenge activities orally or in writing
* Complete the 11 worksheets at varied levels to practice the game skills
* Matching the picture cards to the word cards:
- Rapid naming based on an adjective
- Making sentences using at least 2 of the words
- Rhyming words (think of your own)
What are buyers saying?
+ Fun and festive way to work on categories! Thank you! :]
+ I am always looking for new category/classification activities and this is a perfect activity for the holiday season! Thanks!
+ I used this activity for language group in a PreK classroom. The little ones loved decorating the trees! Great activity!
* 16 different Christmas tree boards to decorate with category matching ornaments
* 140 ornaments- 7 items per category plus game play ornaments
* 6 category matching game boards
* Present game boards- a photo set and a clip art set
* Bows game boards- a photo set and a clip art set
* 27 game tokens (optional use)
* 44 picture game cards with Christmas/winter items
* 44 matching word game cards
* 8 play game cards (go again, name an item)
* 5 picture worksheets to match the items to the category symbol
* 2 cut and glue worksheets to match the item to the description
* 2 worksheets for writing sentences using multiple words from the word bank
* 2 cut and glue worksheets for comparing/contrasting
Be sure to check the preview to see if this is right for you! Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I’ll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by! Linda@ Looks Like Language