Teach your students how to make a simple Christmas treat (or for any special occasion). There are lessons to be learned from this one-day kitchen exposure. I developed this especially for a grade 6-7 class who didn't know the first thing about expectations in the foods room. If you are non-Home Ec trained, this is a good place to start by laying down the ground rules. The Home Ec teacher will appreciate good practices and will invite you and your class back if you train them early on expectations and behaviors. This is also a great lesson to leave for a teacher-on-call, with or without experience.
At least ten pages, including:
1. Expectations and Behaviors (and Behaviours-Cdn) Appropriate for the Home Ec Classroom
2. A Lab Assessment Rubric - for self awareness of behavior
3. Cooking Lab Self-Marking Sheet - students take on responsibilities
4. Supplies and Ingredients Lists
5. Measurements in Imperial and Metric - lab size recipes (small)
6. Photographs of actual students making these
7. Evaluation of the actual nutrition. Yes, I know it isn't good. The lesson is looking at just what it is!
8. Questions regarding nutrition. 2 pages - one for students to research the nutritional values, and one where the information is supplied (for younger students)
Enjoy your time in the Foods Room!
Resources You May Also Be Interested In
Products for Teachers
Products for Free!
Foods and Nutrition
Connect with Me!
Copyright © Art Skills for Life. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.” Intended for classroom and personal use only. See product file for clip-art and font credits.
Don't forget to earn your TPT credits, simply by rating the products you purchase. On your My Purchases page you will see a Provide Feedback button. Feedback helps me determine how and if I can improve my products. Be sure you are a follower of my store to receive notifications of new products, sales, and any updates of products that have been improved since your original purchase.
Thank you for your interest!
©Art Skills for Life!