Christmas Things is a fun, Level aa Sight-Word Stages PreEmergent reader (featuring the word ‘look’)!
This Level aa North Pole themed set was written with early readers in mind. With directional reminders in the bottom corners of each page, and the option to use the color or one of the three black and white options provided, you can differentiate Sight-Word-Stages readers just by printing!
Students can color a black and white copy with 'look' in a dotted font to (trace just the one small word) or blank spaces for students to fill in the missing sight word, practice reading and take home. Please see images above for more detail.
Features of the Sight Word Stages #SWS series:
✔visual, color-coded/symbolic directional support
✔meaning supported by engaging pictures
✔word cards / sentence strips are included so students can reassemble the sentences (color and black and white)
✔Self-check checklists included in color and black and white to promote student independence
✔follow-up activity to reinforce the new sight word(s)
What is included:
- Full page color reader can be printed as an 8 ½ x 11 teacher reader or used digitally (Please note that the TpT Digital Activities component of this resource currently consists of 10 page color reader and Sight-Word "Look" mat)
- Single, half page color reader to be printed and laminated for guided reading collection
- Single, half page black and white version of reader (single student)
- Single, half page black and white version of reader with sight word 'look' in Print dotted font (single student)
- Single, half page black and white version of reader with line for student to fill in missing sight word (look) (single student)
- Duplicate readers, dotted font sight word version on top half, fill-in-the sight word version on the bottom
- Color version of words from reader for pocket chart; black and white cut apart word cards / sentences for students
- Color sight word mat and sleighs activity tips page, two versions of color word mats with sleighs
- Color and black and white visual task completion checklist
- Follow up sight-word worksheets
Try a free sample of the SWS stories!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!
Save with bundles! This product is also available as part of:
- Christmas Literacy Activities Big Bundle (Best deal!)
- Seasonal PreEmergent Readers
- Christmas Nativity Readers
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Readers
More Holiday themed:
- Kindergarten North Pole Bakery Dramatic Play, Craft, Write-the-room
- Christmas Nativity Craft / Dramatic Play
- Letters to Santa and Mrs. Claus (Differentiated Emergent/Easy)
- Nativity Christmas Cards and coloring pages
- Nativity Reading and Writing Activities! K-2
- Ten at the Sled – A counting by 2s, phrasing and fluency reader
- FREE New Year Activity
- I like to play sports Emergent sight-word reader
- I can read to Mom and Dad reads with Emergent sight-word readers
- Look at the cars and Monster Trucks Emergent sight-word readers
- Canada Emergent sight-word readers
- Sight Word Emergent Readers bundle
- Fun Happy New Year Writing
- Fun, Winter, NoPrep Literacy Printables for K-2!
- My Winter Things and Red Things (for Valentine's Day!) - 2pk
- Free Printable Valentine Cards for our Reading Buddies
More Early Literacy!
- Save the Sight Words! [Smart Phone Box Worlds action card game]
- Concepts about Print: Letters and Words Storybook Lesson, bulletin board, visuals and sorting activity!
- Say it, Clap it, Toss it Syllable Sort Game (plus Season sort!)
- Level aa Special Times of Year – 10 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! (all #DWF TpT products continuously added here!)
- Dealing With Feelings 1st 7 Storybook Lessons
- Reading Buddy Activities for the whole year!
- The Complete Personal Printable Alphabet Book Kit with over 200 Line Art Images!
- Kindergarten First Grade Alternative Reading Log
- Kindness Storybook lessons, bulletin board
☆Followers’ Fave FREEBIES!☆
- Free Sight Word Game Sample (Smart phone box)
- 10 page Back to School FREE literacy sampler!
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Reading Log
- FREE: How to make familiar reading fun for kids - Handout for parents and volunteers!
- The Top Three Reading Prompts Bookmarks - Free!
- FREE Elkonin sound boxes and syllable printables like those included in Read and Write and More, sets!
- Free K-2 Graphic Organizer and drawing printable (Earth Day)!
- Thank you for being my Reading Buddy Card FREEBIE
Please direct any questions you may have on the Q and A page of my store (by clicking my name at the top right), or email me at ThatFunReadingTeacher@gmail.com.
Pop by for a visit on:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Christmas reader | Sight Word Readers | Leveled Readers | Sight Word Practice | Sight Word Activity | Emergent Readers | Printable Books | Homeschool | Special Education | Accommodations | readers about North Pole characters | readers about Santa | Distance Learning