These Winter Themed problem-solving activities are perfect for the holiday season! They can be differentiated and used to practice a variety of skills, including, addition, money, adding to a given number and subtraction!
• Three problem solving templates: A gingerbread person, a snowman, and a tree and all the cut outs needed to decorate each template.
• Editable menus to guide students in creating their personal creation.
What you need?
• To create their own creations, students will need scissors, glue, crayons, colored pencils, or markers and the menu to determine their equation.
How can I use these documents?
• These problem-solving creations can be used to practice a variety of skills! The teacher projects or provides a menu for the given template. Then the students create their own snowman, gingerbread person, or tree and must create an equation to match.
• Teacher can give students a given amount of money to use, a total value to equal, or the object values can be added without monitory values.
How is this product differentiated?
• Teachers can decide the value each object is worth on the given menus. Because of these problem-solving activities can be used for adding without monitory values or adding cents, dollars, or dollars and cents.