Christmas Project Based Learning | Design a Gingerbread House Math Christmas PBL
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Students LOVE real-life learning, and this bundle of Project Based Learning Activities will have them asking for more PBL units! Now includes DIGITAL versions of all units! Students will have the opportunity to use create maps, solve problems, make brochures, plan activities, and so much more all yePrice $45.95Original Price $70.85Save $24.90
Christmas activities are fun and academic with this creative, high-interest, NO MESS Design a Gingerbread House Project. What better way to have students use real-life math, reading, and writing skills than with this Christmas Project Based Learning unit?
Students will have the opportunity to plan and design a gingerbread house, complete an entry form for a gingerbread house contest, and practice measurement skills in a fun and engaging way.
Click HERE to SAVE 25% with the PBL Activities Bundle for the Year!
Please click on the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included in this loaded resource!
All of the hard work is done for you. Simply print the NO PREP pages, and let your students make the decisions in this fun Christmas Project Based Learning Unit! Ideal for a mess-free holiday party activity!
While this unit is perfect for celebrating Christmas in the classroom, it is also ideal for teachers not able to bring Christmas into the classroom.
This engaging Gingerbread House PBL includes:
- Unit Guide for Teachers
- Gingerbread House Research
- Choosing a House Theme
- Planning the Gingerbread House
- Planning the House Decorations
- Shopping List
- Perfect Pictures
- The Holiday Playlist
- Project Problems (Math Word Problems)
- Gingerbread House Contest Entry Form (informational, descriptive, and persuasive writing)
- Making a Gingerbread House (creative project)
- Measuring Your House (perimeter, area, volume, weight)
- Scoring Rubrics
Now includes a digital version for use in Google Classroom!
The Shopping List page requires students to add and subtract money, while the Measuring Your House page requires students to work with perimeter, area, and volume. Calculators could definitely be used on these pages, or if they are too difficult, you can choose to just exclude these two pages.
If you choose to have students create their own houses, you can either have them make it in their own way, or you can use the included directions for a milk-carton gingerbread house.
Please note: Students could be required to do some research in order to brainstorm ideas. Research guides are not included with this packet.
"This was our first time doing a PBL and it was wonderful. The kids made gingerbread houses with cardboard I precut and they went to town decorating them according to their plans. We displayed them in the cafeteria and asked the whole school to vote as part of the contest. We received many compliments on their finished products from students and staff alike. Thank you for such a great resource!" (a happy customer)
You might also be interested in these other PBL or Thanksgiving resources:
- Design a Haunted House PBL
- Plan a Thanksgiving Parade PBL
- Plan a Road Trip PBL
- Plan a Road Trip PBLChristmas Math NO PREP Packet
- Christmas Parts of Speech Color by Code
- Christmas Math and Reading Packet
- Print and Color Calendar Gift for Parents Project
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!