Also included in
- Do your students enjoy doing Readers' Theaters as much as my students do? If so, you might want to check out my bundle of original scripts. Four of the scripts are related to language skills (synonyms, antonyms, multiple meaning words, and homophones), one set of scripts includes a plot identificati$34.00$64.20Save $30.20
Christmas Readers' Theater scripts: Are you looking for something fun to do for reading during the week before Winter Break and Christmas? This set of three Readers' Theaters will certainly spice things up!
This BUNDLE contains three separate Christmas Readers' Theater scripts:
1. Kris Kringle and the Seven Elves– This script contains 13 parts. This holiday version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the longest of the three. Your students will likely enjoy comparing the fairy tale they know to this holiday-inspired spin-off. It is set long ago when Santa is a young lad. It features an explanation of how Santa came to meet the elves and Mrs. Claus.
2. A Bright Idea for the Holidays- This script contains 8 parts. Mr. Henderson has a “bright idea” to decorate his house with an amazing Christmas star in order to make his family’s house the most brightly decorated in the neighborhood! His wife and children are worried, however, because Mr. Henderson has the solid reputation of trying to rush through tasks, resulting in catastrophes. Mason’s two friends end up helping. As usual, Mr. Henderson works too quickly and the huge star crashes to the ground.
3. Saving Christmas – This script contains 13 parts. This story is set at the North Pole on the two days before Christmas. A problem arises when Prancer becomes sick and cannot be hitched to the sleigh to help deliver presents. A smart engineer elf, Evan, solves the problem by building a contraption that can take Prancer’s place.
********This resource is available in TWO FORMATS:
1. TRADITIONAL PRINTABLES- Print each PDF and make paper copies. Distribute the scripts and your students will read from these paper copies.
2. GOOGLE SLIDES ACTIVITY- With this format, students can read their script from a device.
This bundle also contains several "extras":
1. A THEME WORKSHEET- I will have my students complete this worksheet after each group has performed their Readers’ Theater script. I will do this to encourage each student to be an active, engaged audience member throughout the various performances.
2. A Monday through Friday SYNOPSIS of the LESSON PLANS I write as my class prepares to perform these Readers' Theater scripts.
3. A SUMMARY of each script
4. A PAGE about PARTS (how many parts each script contains, and how I would divide the parts if I need more than 29 parts)
Check the preview to check out the readability and to determine if it is appropriate for your students. (I wrote the scripts with my fourth and fifth grade students in mind.)
**The PREVIEW includes the first two pages of each script!**
Also, I created a 34-minute video where I explain why, when, and how I use readers' theaters in an upper elementary classroom. Click on the following link to check it out: Performing Readers' Theater in the Classroom: Video.
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!