This Christmas Reading Comprehension packet is perfect for teaching character's point of view, character traits, and theme in third grade! These no prep reading activities would be great for whole class reading lessons, guided reading groups, or as reading center activities. You and your 3rd Grade students will love reading this engaging story of love and kindness at Christmastime!
★ PLEASE SEE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK! ★
Included in this packet:
Jimmy Scarecrow's Christmas Reading Passage - 3 Chapters
- Chapter 1 - Point of View Anchor Chart
- Chapter 1 - Steps to Find the Point of View Chart
- Chapter 1 - Point of View Guiding Questions
- Chapter 1 - Reading Notes Organizer
- Chapter 1 - Sequence Graphic Organizer
- Chapter 1 - Reading Comprehension Questions
- Chapter 2 - Character Traits Anchor Chart
- Chapter 2 - Steps to Find How the Character Contributes to the Events Chart
- Chapter 2 - Character Traits Guiding Questions
- Chapter 2 - Reading Notes Organizer
- Chapter 2 - Sequence Graphic Organizer
- Chapter 2 - Reading Comprehension Questions
- Chapter 3 - Theme Anchor Chart
- Chapter 3 - Steps to Find the Theme Chart
- Chapter 3 - Theme Guiding Questions
- Chapter 3 - Reading Notes Organizer
- Chapter 3 - Sequence Graphic Organizer
- Chapter 3 - Reading Comprehension Questions
- Answer Key
- How to Use Pages
Common Core Standards in this resource:
RL.3.1: Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
RL.3.2: Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
RL.3.3: Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events
RL.3.6: Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
L.3.4: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning word and phrases based on grade 3 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
L.3.5: Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships and nuances in word meanings.
Use this resource for:
- Whole Group Instruction
- Small Group Instruction
➪More 3rd Grade Reading Resources:
"Don't forget to leave feedback -you will receive TPT credits that you can use toward future purchases!
Thank you for visiting Teaching in the Heart of Florida!